I am a Mommy to two adorable babies – my baby girl is 1.5, and my boy just turned three! I’m a College Professor, a wife, a TOTAL GOOFBALL!!, a friend, a sister, and a Jesus-lover. I have a wonderful husband – we have been married for five years – he is my other half and my opposite in every way.
I love Zumba, travel, healthy eating, spending time with friends, reading, and taking walks. Different cultures intrigue me, and I would love to travel to all the continents one day, meeting new people and trying exotic foods. My perfect day would include coffee, berry smoothies, a fresh seafood feast complete with buttery King crab legs, warm weather, family and friends, a Zumba class, swimming in the ocean, eating fresh fruit, a nature walk and lounging in a jacuzzi with friends.
My goals in life are to be a mother who is there for her kids, (not a workaholic,) a loving wife whose husband calls her blessed, and an author, motivational speaker and screenwriter. My first book will be available soon!
If you’d like to know more, here are 25 Random Things About me:
- I don’t really watch TV anymore – and I get so much more accomplished that way!
- I am a Certified Life Coach – hop on over to my other website! http://successcoachingandtutoring.com/
- I would one day like to adopt a little girl from China and a boy from Africa, in addition to a baby from right here in America.
- I have a soft spot for Mexican food – guacamole, limes, and spicy salsa!
- I LOVE jewelry that is unique, beautiful, elegant and sometimes sassy, (lol,) and I am a proud Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry Consultant - (…and I’ll tell you a secret…. the discounts for consultants are A-MAZING!) :) (Check out my website here) —> http://www.tracilynnjewelry.net/laurenholmes
- I actually love working out – I think in heaven, there will be a gym for me in my mansion! …I love it all – ab work, Zumba, the elliptical, you name it…I love it!
- I would like to homeschool my kids or do a co-op when they’re school age, but I go back and forth depending on the day!lol…(I still have some time to decide)
8. I am obsessed with lotion – I don’t feel complete if I don’t lather it on in the morning and before bed, and I love making my own diy products – mostly lotions and soaps.
9. The first time I ever dyed my hair was shortly after my 28th birthday, and only because it finally “clicked” that I was out of my mom’s house and no longer “forbidden” from doing so
10. I knew that I would marry my husband after a week and a half of knowing him…he did too!
11. I wrote my first book in fifth grade – I hope to find it and get it published!
12. My favorite color is pink – I own pink everything…sheets, blankets, clothes, cell phone covers, etc.
13. I love writing out lists of my goals, and checking them off every time God helps me to meet them.
14. I love the water – the beach, pools, Jacuzzis, hot tubs, etc…I would love to live on a beach somewhere and get to swim all day and lounge around in a bathing suit, flip flops, and a sundress
15. I love crab legs and lobster tails, especially with hot butter for dipping! (…although my frugal lifestyle does not permit me to eat them too much…lol…)
16. I love being a Mom!
17. I am an extreme cheapskate – the Dollar Tree is my favorite store, followed by Wal-Mart
18. I hate to decorate…sometimes I wish I did on holidays and birthdays, but hey, that’s just how God made me
19. I hate to shop…I would much rather window shop, people watch, and eat lunch in the food court with friends.
20. I am a social butterfly. Give me a room full of people, and I will work it!
21. I love to read, so much so that my husband calls me “bookworm.” I will read until I’m tired, and then feel sad when my eyes are too droopy to keep going!
22. I love being a wife – my husband is my best friend, and one of the only ones who truly understands my goofy, silly sense of humor!
23. I am not a morning person nor am I a night person – I’m more of a late afternoon/early evening person…by 4 p.m., I am “on” and ready to go!!
24. Sometimes I have so much energy that I will go on a writing spree or a cleaning spree – usually a writing spree.
25. I collect pictures of cute baby animals – pigs, lambs, ponies, you name it! ….Random, I know!lol…